Connect with us

Sports

UFC 227 News : Yair Rodriguez vs Zabit Magomedsharipov in Los Angeles – Behind Scene

Published

on

Ultimate Fighting Championship‬, ‪Yair Rodríguez‬, ‪Dana White‬, ‪Zabit Magomedsharipo
Ultimate Fighting Championship‬, ‪Yair Rodríguez‬

Yari Rodriguez, one of the most dynamic strikers at 145lbs, hasn’t set foot inside the Octagon since his UFC 211 loss to Frankie Edgar, who stopped his eight-fight win streak by registering a second-round TKO victory. “Ultimate Fighting Championship‬, ‪Yair Rodríguez‬, ‪Dana White‬, ‪Zabit Magomedsharipo” have been trending since early this week.

Surprising news has just come out from the LA Times’ Lance Pugmire that top UFC featherweight prospect, Yair Rodriguez has been cut from the UFC after refusing to fight Zabit Magomedsharipov at the proposed August 4th date for UFC 227 in Los Angeles, California.

 

Live Twitter Chats

The @latimes has learned that Yair Rodriguez has been cut from by the UFC for refusing to take the Aug. 4 Staples Center PPV fight against Zabit Magomedsharipov.

Told by @danawhite that if a fighter like Rodriguez turns down both Ricardo Lamas and Magomedsharipov, in what should have been a compelling battle, after taking a year off, he can take his act elsewhere.

The letter to Rodriguez informing him he’s been cut has been sent out, @latimes has been told.

Ultimate Fighting Championship‬, ‪Yair Rodríguez‬, ‪Dana White‬, ‪Zabit Magomedsharipo : The  Truth

Rodriguez last fought in May of last year when he suffered his second career loss and first in the UFC to former UFC lightweight champion, Frankie Edgar. Now a free agent, it shouldn’t be long before the exciting Mexican striker is picked up by someone else.

UFC 227 takes place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on August 4 and is headlined by a men’s bantamweight title fight between champion TJ Dillashaw and Cody Garbrandt.

The UFC are currently in the process of trying to add a mega-fight between Georges St-Pierre and Nate Diaz to the card, as well as a light-heavyweight bout between Alexander Gustafsson and Luke Rockhold.

The UFC’s next pay-per-view card of the year, UFC 224, takes place in the early hours of Sunday morning and is headlined by a women’s bantamweight title fight between Amanda Nunes and Raquel Pennington.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Wayne Rooney‬’s ‪‪D.C. United Transfer Rumours : Everton F.C.‬ Side Of The Story

Published

on

‪‪Wayne Rooney‬, ‪Everton F.C.‬, ‪D.C. United

The Everton striker, Wayne Rooney is wanted by the MLS side as a marquee signing based on latest transfer news, and the Blues are ready to let the former England captain leave should he wish to.

AmericanGist understands that talks over a potential move to Washington are already at an advanced stage, and that there is growing confidence on both sides that a deal can be agreed which would see the 32-year-old sign a two-year contract with DC.

 

Video credit : Skybet

Washington’s DC United have renewed their interest in the former England skipper, who rejected the Major League Soccer last summer when he left Manchester United.

But forward Rooney , who has one year left on the deal he signed when he returned to his beloved boyhood club, will only quit Goodison for the second time in his career if he feels he is no longer first choice.

Everton manager Sam Allardyce has said he wants Rooney to stay and dismissed suggestions England’s record goal scorer will leave, but added that the attention on the former Manchester United player makes his situation different than others.

It was reported on Tuesday by the Washington Post that Rooney “is in serious talks” about a summer move to MLS franchise D.C. United, adding that he “has grown frustrated” at Goodison Park.

Allardyce, it is understood, is willing to sanction Rooney’s departure, though there is opposition to that idea at boardroom level – most notably from chairman Bill Kenwright.

Kenwright confirmed at Everton’s end of season awards that Rooney had taken a sizeable pay cut to return to his boyhood club last summer, and described negotiations for that deal as his “greatest and shortest”. Kenwright is desperate for Rooney to remain at the club.

But Farhad Moshiri, the club’s majority shareholder, is understood to be more receptive to the idea of him leaving, given his wages and the team’s performances this term. Moshiri, Goal understands, has expressed doubts as to Rooney’s physical capabilities on more than one occasion this season.

Continue Reading

Trending